Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sometimes...

Let me start off this post by saying that I love my kids more than anything on this planet.  I really do.  I hate being away from them and they make me smile more than anyone I know.

With that being said I think they may have possibly been sent here to torture me.  From the moment I wake up around 7:30 am if I don't tiptoe quietly around my house either one of them will be up within seconds to bombard me with all sorts of questions and beg me for breakfast.  If for some reason they wake up before me they will proceed in waking me up and then begin asking me when breakfast will be.  They have absolutely no shame.  After I finally feed my "starving" children they will follow me to whichever room I go to and continue the questions.  "What are we going to do today?"  "Is anyone coming over?" "What are we going to have for lunch?"  They must know everything!!  At about this time if my husband is home he will finally roll out of bed around 9.  So by this time of day I have been asked about a hundred questions and I am probably sitting in a daze on the couch with the kids sitting on both sides of me attacking me with their questions.  My wonderful husband usually notices this and he will attempt to take on their verbal abuse while I go use the bathroom or try to squeeze in a shower.  The second I sit down in the bathroom I will hear a knock on the door.  "Mommy are you in there?" "What are you doing?" "Are you almost done?" "I need to tell you something." "Deegan won't share." "Autumn won't play with me."  If there wasn't a lock on the door I am sure they would be in there sitting on my lap.  Antonio can be sitting on the couch in the living room or at the dining room table in plain sight and instead they will search the whole entire house to find me to tell me about their problems or let me know that they need me to put a new cartoon on because they don't like the one that just came on.  I guess they just like the way I handle the remote better.  Yesterday I was able to go to Joann's Fabric alone!  Man was it a treat!  I was only gone for about two hours but man it was just what I needed!  I came home feeling like I could take on their questions and arguing like a champ.





They really are my favorite people in the whole world and I am very blessed to have two beautiful children who love me as much as I love them.  It is probably this insane heat keeping us cooped up inside that is driving us all crazy.  Soon I will be even more outnumbered and I say "Bring it on!"

No comments:

Post a Comment